Wednesday, February 4

My Frog Was A Mafia

Just another one of those nerd entries, reporting on daily issues on school. So, the moment all of me n my other nerd colleagues have been waiting for, frog disection! Oh btw, do not picture us as nerds wearing big round classes wearing long stokings and has braces (oops), we're COOL nerds. Ok, now it just occured to me it sounds lamer.
ANYWAYY, we were supposed to cut open these amphibians last year, but well, school will always be school. Delay, postponed hmph. But at last, yes, we got a chance to be "for 2-periods surgeons".
I heard some of us actually went out to their garden and catch wold frogs. I thought that was cool, more adventurous. But me and frogs, well, we dont get along very well. We simply cant relate to each other. It'll be croaking of its buccopharyngeal (is it?) and i'll be high up on the tree calling firemen to come save me. Each team has 4 people, disecting a frog. My friend, ting tong got our frog for free from the pet shop in front of her house. The thing is, she bought the frog a week before the disection. So she just kept the frog in the box to suffer without any provisions. Fair enough, it lived to face the day.

From left : Ker's enormous frog, our pretty frog, other group's small baby frogs


The soon-to-be doctors placed their frogs in jars. Ker, who had the biggest most bolupcious frog i've ever seen, accidently let the frog slip from his hands. As I said earlier, I would be the first one up on the table with her legs reaching up to the sky. My group had a pretty frog. Seriously, its skin was so nicely green, it should audition for animal planet. Pity, fate has come to its end for the frogs.
All of us watch the frogs being tortured in the jar after the teacher put chlorofoam in their jars. It was quite heart breaking seeing the frogs trying so hard to escape, knowing they will soon meet their doom. No matter. We do it in the name of science!

Us looking real cool in lab coats and all were ready to cut open our victims. And somehow, me and our frog got along really well! I wasnt at all geli but super excited. I did most of the cutting and enjoyed it a lot. The reason why I gave the title that our frog was a mafia, is because of its organs. Our frog's lungs were punctured. Kempis, penyek, leper. So I came with a conclusion that the frog was a heavy smoker. Its beautiful skin and piercing green eyes made it look like it came from a high end. So yeah, my frog the mafia :)
We cut the heart from the body and held the heart in our hands, and it was still pumping. It was so awesome, something to do with the muscles still functioning for the last few moments. And it cut off its butt bone for fun, I pulled its tongue back and forth and just ripping it up apart. Im not heartless, Im a bio student.

*grin*

Shoba and Syamin holding up their headless baby

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Amphenous said...

this is when i thought i should go for engineering instead of biology...

9/2/09 9:10 PM  
Blogger Dahiyah A said...

hahaha best oh bedah !

12/2/09 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home